If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
How we use these categories of personal information
We and our service providers may use the categories of personal information we collect from and about you for the following business and commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Our or our service provider’s operational purposes;
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site;
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Customising content that we or our service providers display on the Services (e.g., contextual ads);
- Providing the Services, including account servicing and maintenance, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services;
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features) ;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
Categories of personal information we disclose for business purposes
Identifiers (such as name, address, email address); commercial information (such as transaction data);internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage); geolocation information; biometric information; sensory information (such as audio or visual information); and other information that identifies or can reasonably associated with you.
Sale of Personal Information
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. California law broadly defines sale such that it may include allowing third parties to receive certain information, such as cookies, IP address, and/or browsing behavior for MUSE’ marketing and analytics purposes. Depending how you use our Services, we may have sold (as defined by California law) the following categories of personal information about you in the last 12 months to our analytics and marketing partners: internet and network or device activity.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
- Where applicable, opt-out of any sales of your personal information.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you and for compliance with applicable law. If you ask us to delete certain information, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. To do so, you will need to provide information on your account or a form of ID.
You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.